20 May 2010

Boycott Whaleoil Blog

I've thought about this carefully the last few days and I have decided to boycott Whaleoil's website and encourage others to do so purely from a point of decency.

I live in the Middle East, in an Islamic country and although I'm not a muslim, I have very many muslims who are very good friends. Recently Whaleoil has run a prophet Mohammed competition. That might sound fine to most but what he hasn't or doesn't realise is he is inciting hatred from those that follow Islam.

I'll tell you why. It is absolutely blasphemous to create an image of the prophet - to run a public competition and then see images posted which mock the prophet and denigrate a symbol of that religion is simply a disgrace. Freedom of speech is fine, harming people and causing distress to those that follow a particular religion, is not.

Whaleoil should be VERY careful how he proceeds because like in all religions, there are fanatics and that very small % of fanatics do and can cause harm on the great population (just look at history to see this). Whaleoil may think it's a joke, I don't, and I'm ashamed that a Kiwi has lowered himself to this kind of level.

I will no longer be visiting that website.

No comments:

Post a Comment